Ask yourself, are you really ready to adopt? Really?
Chances are you think you are but in all honesty, you have no idea what you are ready for. This isn't like a marriage where today you just forget about the part for better or worse. This is for life, or is it?
Statistics show that 95% of all adoptions work out for life. Then there is the other 5% where most of the time its truly unfit parents not in it for the long haul. It is just easier to give up the responsibility and let someone else take over than digging in and really doing the job that they signed up for.
Sure, there are times when financial and even mental capacity of the adopting parents isn't quite up to what is needed. That said, these people make up 1% while the other 4% truly are just hitting the easy eject button and putting the poor orphan back into the mix either with a shelter or even with a state agency. Ultimately, the responsibility of being a parent is just too much and truth be told the new orphan is better of than if it remained in the broken home. Most orphans in this situation run away from the home and owners. Why? They just know that there is something much better out there for them.
So, if you are thinking of adopting a pet, please think twice. Is this really for you? Or, are you just buying another thing just to say me too?